Wednesday, 9 December 2015

A Planning Addict - The Mslexia Diary


I've been a massive planning addict for a while now.  My first planner was an A5 Filofax Finsbury in teal.  It's a monster of a planner, but I loved that I could fit everything in one place when out and about.
Now that I work from home, I don't need to carry large amounts of information around with me, so I have swapped to a smaller planner.

My new planner of choice is the Mslexia diary.  For those who don't know, Mslexia is a writing magazine for women writers and I have been a subscriber for a good few years.  I've used their diary for the past three years' now, but up until this year, I've always used it as an extension to my main planner.

Before I go into the pro's and con's of the Mslexia diary, let's just go over the benefits of planning.  I'm a full-time writer with two girl's under the age of five, so I have to be super organised.  Having a planner and utilising it properly is essential to me if I want to get things done, on time.  Whether it's reminders for school events, bill payments due or a writing deadline, planning my day helps me to focus on what needs to be done.

The Mslexia diary is specifically made for writers and has many features to help make a writer's life easier, but it can be utilised by anyone.  It's the perfect size to fit into your handbag or a large coat pocket, but also gives you plenty of room to write inside.  Each page is set up with a week on one side and a blank page for notes on the other.

I like to plan my days in more depth, so I use Pinterest to search for handy little print-outs I can paperclip to the pages to give me more space to plan.  You can see an example of this in the images below.




As well as the usual features like a contacts section and information page, the Mslexia diary also features plenty of blank pages for scribbles, a period tracker for women (which can be used to track pretty much anything, in case you are of the male gender), writing exercises and loads of information for writers,  I can't recommend this diary enough.  You can purchase one from the Mslexia website for £15.99 or £13.99 if you are a subscriber.

Look out for my blog post 'How to make the most of a small planner', coming soon, where I will share my tips and tricks for getting the most out of a small planner, and my vlog version of this post where you will be able to see the Mslexia diary and my planning methods in more detail.

Please let me know if you have any planning tips or recommendations you would like to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment