Wednesday, 20 January 2016

A Planning Addict 2 - Filofax

In my previous Planning Addict post, I shared with you how I plan my day using the Mslexia diary.  I'm a mum, full-time writer and run an event management business, so I have to plan my time carefully in order for anything to get done.

My Filofax is an A5 Finsbury in Aqua, and I absolutely adore it.  It's one of my best buys of the past five years.  I use it as my goal and progress tracker, as well as a monthly calendar and review space.

I'm a firm believer in setting goals in order to progress, and I do this for my personal life, my business and my writing career.  I'm using some inserts from Passion Planner and if you post or link their site, you can download the inserts for free here.


I've set my Filofax up into the following sections:

  • Goals and Targets
  • Monthly View and Review
  • Blog and You Tube Schedules
  • To Do's and Day Planner Sheets
I like to decorate my planner so it has a pleasing aesthetic - I do have to look at it every day - but I'm not keen on over-decorating.  I find that if it's too overly decorated, I don't see what I need to see.  It has to be functional.  You can have the most beautifully decorated planner, but if it doesn't do what it is supposed to do, it's just procrastination.

Most of the stickers you can see in my planner are downloaded from Jessica Brown at My Planner Envy and then printed onto sticker sheets.  The gold project life cards are from Becky Higgins.  If, like me you are in the UK, you can buy these on Amazon.

I love seeing the insides of other people's planners and finding out how other people plan their life and goals, so please get in touch if you want to share yours!

Keep an eye out for the Vlog versions of the Planning Addict posts, where I'll take you through my planning process and give you an in-depth look into my planners - I'll add the links once I've finished filming.

Happy planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment